This page is updated daily. If you are interested in Bedford MA info, bookmark it now!
BEDFORD MA RECENT NEWS
RECENT TWEETS/FORUM POSTS ON BEDFORD MA
BEDFORD MA FACTOID:
When Governor Winthrop and his Deputy Thomas Dudley viewed their lands in early 1638, they decided to use two great stones on the eastern bank of the Concord River was to be the border to their property. Winthrop claimed the land to one side of one rock; Dudley claimed the land on the other side of the other rock. They named the rocks "The Two Brothers." Over the years, the two men had many differences; however they learned to work together and even considered themselves "brothers" by their children's marriage. These rocks in Bedford MA have come to symbolize the men's spirit of cooperation and democracy. The Two Brothers Rocks can still be seen near the banks of the Concord River in the Great Meadows National Wildlife Refuge.
Fitch Tavern of Bedford MA Early on the morning of April 19, 1775, an alarm sounded warning the people of Bedford that British soldiers were marching from Boston to Concord. Their captain, Jonathan Willson, told them, "It is a cold breakfast boys, but we'll give them a hot dinner." The Fitch Tavern is located in Bedford center, a little over a mile from Huckins Farm.
BEDFORD RELATED TERMS: Bedford MA chamber of commerce Bedford MA businesses music bands live music festival Bedford ma events Bedford ma beaches local information library things to do when bored Bedford ma newspaper Bedford ma restaurants Bedford high school blog or blogs Bedford ma politics Bedford ma bars pubs Bedford Jobs Bedford companies Bedford search people ---
© 2012 Mark Draper