This page is updated daily. If you are interested in Agawam MA info, bookmark it now!
AGAWAM MA RECENT NEWS
RECENT TWEETS/FORUM POSTS ON AGAWAM MA
AGAWAM MA FACTOID:
1810 - A cotton mill was erected on the site of Six Flags New England. 1812 - Agawam Woolen Mill was established on Elm St. After a fire, the building was rebuilt in brick in 1889 and still exists. The Agawam Woolen Company folded in 1949. Six Flags New England, formerly Riverside Amusement Park began as a picnic grove as early as 1840. It became a full-fledged amusement park in 1940. Riverside Park Speedway, a NASCAR racing track, was part of Riverside park from 1948 to 2000. Riverside was sold to Six Flags in 1996.
The original town hall, built in 1874 at the corner of Main and School Streets, housed the town government divisions as the current one does today, as well as the original town library located in the building’s Tower Room. Also, a small school building was located near the premises, and held grades one through three. The building was demolished in 1938, and the property is now the site of Benjamin Phelps Elementary School.
AGAWAM RELATED TERMS: Agawam MA businesses music bands live music Agawam MA schools festival Agawam ma events Agawam ma beaches local information library Agawam ma newspaper Agawam ma restaurants Agawam high school blog or blogs Agawam ma politics Agawam ma bars pubs Agawam Jobs Agawam search people ---
© 2012 Mark Draper